Careers at APG
Product Developer – APG Brisbane Branch
Full Time Position
Updated 19th July, 2021
About the role
Seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic team member who relishes the satisfaction of producing high quality detailed orientated work and enjoys working independently, as much as a member of a team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, and working closely with the Product Development Team Supervisor, providing the mentoring for the applicant to take full responsibility for the business’s continual progression on a selection of manufacturers. The applicants’ growth will be encouraged and nurtured for the responsibilities to also encompass a product category.
The applicant will be responsible for assessing historical and recent market, manufacturer, and product information. They will act accordingly on these incites for timely and continual range development. This includes researching vehicle make/model information to create vehicle application and part fitment listings to populate the company’s Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC).
The successful applicant will contribute to the strong team environment and the achievement of personal and business objectives, whilst equally participating in the balanced enjoyable work culture.
About your Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role; you will be:
- Experience in the automotive industry through trade or parts (retail or trade supply or industry distribution)
- A developed understanding of vehicle manufacturer make/model differentiation and a clear understanding of vehicle parts
- A desire to constantly develop this existing base knowledge through the provided training and developing role exposure
- Team orientated and pragmatic with a high respect for safety
- Consistently produce results with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
- Previous exposure to industry Electronic Parts Catalogues is highly advantageous
- A high level of professionalism, commitment, and ambition to succeed, whilst participating in an enjoyable workday culture
- A high level of enthusiasm for the industry is advantageous
- Language skills (Chinese) is advantageous but not required
About our work environment
Industry leading work environment that utilises high levels of connectivity focused on employee engagement, communication and learning environment. Supported by real time information that allow full view of available resources, performance and opportunity analysis to maximise the customers benefit, visibility and fulfilment. Employee Life is a key element of ensuring your wellbeing, training and development and most importantly your future needs are recognised, supported and rewarded.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Stephen Laughlan, Marketing and Product Manager, StephenL@autopartsgroup.com.au
Or for a confidential discussion, please call 3865 2599 and ask for Stephen Laughlan.